Permaculture Design Course
Our Permaculture Design Course is a hands-on, lively and inclusive course spread out over six months with one weekend each month. It is a non-residential course although there are options for staying over each weekend if you wish to. Click here to book.
The dates for the 2106 design course will be April 23/24 (this can be done as a standalone introduction weekend), June 25/26, July 30/31, August 27/28, September 24/25 and October 29/30.
Topics covered will include:
- Ethics and Principles of Permaculture
- Design process and methodology
- Soil and soil conservation
- Regenerative agriculture
- Forest gardening
- Humanure and compost toilets
- Green architecture and retrofitting
- Building resilient communities
- And much, much more
During the course you will work on your own design and by the end of the course you will have a full permaculture design for any system of your choosing. It could be your garden, your allotment, a friends patch or a non-land based system.
Every group that comes together for a PDC is full of amazing people who bring a wide range of learning and experience. We encourage you to continue to learn together by meeting in between weekends to watch films about permaculture and to begin to build your own community.
During the course you will also be offered the opportunity to buy many permaculture-related books at a discount and we will point you in the direction of a wide range of resources.
The course will be hosted at Walnut Farm near Southburgh in Norfolk and The Grange near Swaffham. Both venues are permaculture demonstrations sites run by the lead teachers of the course.
Click here to book.
- £700 - Individual income more than £25k/yr (or funded by an organisation)
- £600 - Individual income £18-25k/yr (or funded by a non-profit or charity)
- £500 - Individual income less than £18k/yr
- £400 - Individual income less than £10k/yr
- £300 - Concessionary (limited spaces for people receiving benefits, state pension or otherwise of limited financial means)
We do not want finances to be a barrier for you to do the course so please do contact us to discuss options.